Profile of Company:PureHeat Technologies Ltd, with locations in Co. Louth and Co. Cavan, design, manufacture, supply and install an award-winning range of products for both domestic and commercial applications with its flagship range being energy saving Radiant Heating Panels.
Problem to Be Solved:Pureheat Technologies Ltd key objective was to source independent testing and evaluation of the performance of its first product to market, an insulated infrared panel. To promote this product concept in the marketplace it was crucial for the SME to gain expert insights and marketable performance metrics.
How Gateway Delivered Solution for Industry:
The research conducted at CREDIT TG supported the commercialisation plan of the company and included:
- A determination of the insulated panel performance characteristics, based on extensive product modelling and testing, typical examples including:
- Surface temperature response
- Radiant heat distribution
- Power Consumption
- Conversion efficiency
- Quantification, based in a specific test case, the thermal performance of an insulated infrared panel.
- Conduct a cost of energy analysis based on simulated and measured data.
- Detailed 2D Drawings
- Use of a thermal imaging camera to show the thermal performance of the insulated infrared panel.
Impact for the Company: The engineering report and the validation of the product characteristics and performance greatly enhanced the company’s ability to market the product B2B and B2C and supported the company’s commercialisation strategy. PureHeat Technologies subsequently became an incubation client of the Regional Development Centre on the DkIT campus availing of continued support and engagement with the institute and subsequently went on to win the Innovation in Product Design category of the National iFactory Awards.